The Natural Approach to Roofing Solutions
Climate change is impacting everyone, across the globe. The challenges for the construction industry are diverse and have seen the introduction of a diverse range of materials and methods to combat the effects, from water harvesting to investment in green building technologies.
Rubberfuse TPO systems are clearly compatible with green roofing concepts. Our installation portfolio includes extensive green roofs, sedum living roofs, and other living roof systems, encouraging biodiversity and helping to improve air quality.
Rubberfuse Green Roof systems can help to minimise heat loss from buildings, offering excellent insulation properties. This is a practical and effective solution, reducing heating costs and providing an excellent return on investment over time.
- Roofs can be tailored to individual specifications
- Rubberfuse membranes are certified to counter roots, providing watertight protection (Rubberfuse products have full FLL certification, providing advanced levels of protection against root and moisture ingress)
- Solar heat is absorbed, reducing the need for air conditioning and heating, saving money and reducing power requirements
- Water run-off is reduced, with CO2 and oxygen replenished
- Natural materials will protect the life of the roof, guarding against sun, wind and rain
- Green roof systems produce a great aesthetic for a building alongside important wildlife habitats
Your questions answered
A green roof incorporates a layer of vegetation planted over a waterproofing system like the Rubberfuse TPO system. They are generally installed on top of a flat roof. Green roofs are also known as vegetative or eco–roofs.
There are 3 green roof systems on the market. These are extensive, semi-intensive, and intensive green roofs.